Friday, November 18, 2011

Birds have fascinating details!!

I have something Im super excited to post! The Jasper spread is on the back burner for just a tad longer, but will be up soon! In the meantime, Ive started a new project for dad. We've been on and off with the concept of "Social Story" cards where an illustration is on one side, while the description of how to handle the situation appropriately, is on the back. My dad works with people with disabilities, who struggle with making the right decisions. So through these cards, they can easily see what they need to do. The illustration makes it fun for them to look at, but at the same time reinforces the concept in a positive, meaningful way. Rather then reading a bunch of text with no pictures,(which may be hard to understand) the illustration gives them a more concrete idea of whats being explained. The last card I have made proved to be a success! My dad came home and told me the client loved it! To the right is my first social story card.

My next card is currently in progress. I have roughed out several ideas for how I want the character to look like. Its a bunch of head drawings, but I tend to start from the head. Once I have a look, Ill do some gesture drawings of how I want the body to look like. Oh and I wanted to mention that these were all done digitally with my Wacom. I draw both digitally and traditionally. Come to think of it, I think Ill post one of my drawings from my sketchbook sometime.


Thats about it for now. I'll post a special surprise for the blog background nextime! When I saved the bird drawings at one point, I saw the file for the blog background. Rather than showing in progress posts about it(along with what else Im working on), Ill surprise you, and just post the blog background! Stay tuned!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment