Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Art of the Character Spread!!

Before I get into my second post, I wanted to announce(actually two) that Im currently in the process of making a custom background for this blog. I think Im getting a hang of this blog site :). The second announcement being that Ill be away visiting a friend from college in NYC for 3 days. So Ill be unable to post while Im away.

Its been just about two weeks since my first post. So I thought I should update my Jasper post. However, for the last 3 months I was working extremely hard on my portfolio that I brought to IlluxCon, an illustration convention for the fantasy/adventure/scifi genre. This explains why I was unable to post sooner since all I could think about was finishing my work and then going off to go print them. Anywho, IlluxCon was fantastic!! It lasted 4 days filled with AMAZING art that opened up my eyes and filled my head with new inspiration for the future! I also surprised myself by gathering the courage to talk to people and give them my business card! I was extremely nervous and found it hard to go up to them to introduce myself. Somehow I was able to talk to them and show off my work. Im glad I was able to talk to these awesome people who gave me such great advice for my artwork. I did have quite a few pieces that were close to being done, but I just added them in there so I can get other people's opinions other than from my friends and family. It was DEFINITELY worth it! This was my first time showing my portfolio to several people. My very first time was when I went to Ottawa for the Ottawa Animation Festival and talked to an animator from Disney's Tangled who said it needed alot of work as far as presentation goes. So for those last 3 months I made sure to make them as presentable as possible. After its all said and done, I still do need to work on several things to pump up my work to make it even better. It was fantastic getting feedback, because I know it will only make me stronger and better as an artist!

Below is my Jasper spread. I went ahead and posted what it looks like currently. I know I have a layer turned off with the Jasper's vest on the top left. I laughed at myself for making a silly mistake as I slid this into my portfolio. Anyway, if you have any helpful suggestions, thoughts, and comments, feel free to drop me comment and Ill get back to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment