Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Cute T-Rex Brushing his Teeth!

        Hey artist, animators, bloggers, and everyone! So I've been digitally painting more and even came up with two new characters! I had a colleague/friend comment on how much better I've been improving with painting. So, that made me feel really good and more inspired to keep at it! I had tons of fun playing around with different colors to paint the silky terrier's hair with! His back is just a bunch of different assorted blues and a tad of gray.

       Steampunk is one of my favorite genres! With the heron character below, I got an interesting idea to make the heron mechanical and mix some of the natural elements (feathers) to contrast against the hard, smooth metal. I was inspired off of a book of sculpture artists using the steampunk, old, grungy, industrial, worn theme. It was an awesome book to flip through! So I picked elements I liked and put my own spin on them while I was looking at herons.




 







           I've been fiddling around for the past few days with a cute little T-Rex dinosaur character. As you can see he is brushing his fangs. This is because I'm testing out my illustrating abilities on branding products. This one in particular will obviously be for toothpaste, but aimed at children. However, this isn't for a client, but just for fun. I wanted to try something new and see where it goes. I'm still looking at my brushes and seeing what else I can do to add just a little bit of texture to his skin since I already have texture going on with his nails as well with his mouth area.

No comments:

Post a Comment